Tuesday, December 7, 2010

These Are Some More of My Favorite Things

Musique - Christmas Wrapping by The Waitresses

I'm back to count some more of my blessings, or rather, in this case, things I really, really love (and am blessed to have them in my life).

Old Christmas movies.  There's just something magical about old Christmas movies.  They really put me in more of a holiday mood than newer movies do (although I still loves me some newer holiday movies - Joyeux Noël, The Holiday, and Scrooged are some of my favorites).  They're a bit sweeter and more beautiful than newer movies.  I always fill my Netflix queue up with lots of old holiday flicks every December!

Old movies in general.  1920s and 1930s movies to be more specific.  If it's black and white, it's golden!  (Gone With the Wind is an exception - that is one outstanding color picture!)  I don't know what I'd do without Clara Bow, Norma Shearer, Barbara Stanwyck, Joan Crawford, Ruby Keeler, Joan Blondell, Jean Harlow, Frederic March, Gary Cooper, Miriam Hopkins, and sooooo many others to entertain me!  And I can't forget my favorite actress of all time - Grace Kelly!  While I lean toward the 20s and 30s, I definitely have a soft spot for her 1950s movies.  There's just something so glamorous about old Hollywood that I don't get from newer movies.  I am so blessed to have seen so many wonderful old movies in my lifetime!!

Punk and Ska covers of Christmas songs.  Most notably:
Well, that's all for today - I'll try to keep my mind on the good in life and I hope everyone out there does too!!

No comments: