Friday, February 4, 2011

It's a Ginger Celebration!

Musique - Red Headed Woman (well, you can hear the song in the background of this clip)

Last night, I joined the ranks of hot red heads (both real and dyed).  My hair has been dark brown since late last summer and I've been soooo sick of it.  I thought I wanted to go light brown, but my hair's been through some trauma so straight up bleaching would not exactly be the best decision.  My hairdresser suggested a partial foil now and then another one later and then we could work on getting it the proper light brown.  I agreed, but as soon as I got out of the salon and realized I looked like a mom and far too boring with those damn highlights, I had to take matters into my own hands (plus, I didn't have another $70 to shell out for a new color) and I dyed it Deep Copper.

I like to call my new color Coppery Ginger Carrot.  I was kind of unsure if I was truly happy with it - it's definitely pretty, but you can tell it's far, far from my natural color and I wonder if it suits me.  But then, the first song I heard when I got in my car this morning was Broken Bells' The Ghost Inside, whose video Christina Hendricks stars in.  I took that as a sign that I did the right thing.

In celebration of the new color (which I hope to keep at least until St. Patrick's Day so I can look faux-Irish - well, until people get up close enough and see that my shirt says "Kiss Me, I'm German"), here are pictures of some of my very favorite red heads:
Clara Bow, my most favorite (dyed) red head of all time!!
Jean Harlow's wig for Red Headed Woman prompted Bill Legender (Chester Morris) to exclaim "You have the reddest hair I've ever seen!"
Joan Crawford - she's been every color in the book, but this red is darling!
Ann-Margret - she's been every shade of red there is! I doubt there is a sexier red head in the world than Ann-Margret!
Christina Hendricks - pretty much the reason I decided to go orange instead of red-red.
Louise (aka Pandora) - she is just breathtaking!  I love her blog so, so much.
Alyson Hannigan - ahh, Willow Rosenberg, how I love thee.  You made Buffy so amazing and are such a treat to watch in anything you do.
Emma Stone - how can you not love this adorable girl?
Deborah Ann Woll - you are one sassy vampire, Jessica!
The whole Weasley clan - this is for you, Susan - you and your beloved ginger, Ron Weasley.  But also because the Weasleys are pretty badass.
Kate Winslet - she looks so stunning in Titanic.  I re-watched it recently and her gorgeous hair was another reason I wanted to go red.
Nicole Kidman - has she ever looked more lovely than she did in Moulin Rouge?  Good Lord, I love that movie!
Isla Fisher - she is just so freaking adorable!!  I could probably watch Confessions of a Shopaholic every day.  Well, maybe alternated with Hot Rod.
Amy Adams - cute as a blonde in Drop Dead Gorgeous, but I prefer her as a red head.
Rose McGowan (as Ann-Margret) - another lady who looks good in pretty much any hair color.
Emily Blunt - her hair in The Devil Wears Prada is absolutely gorgeous!
Moira Shearer - how could I forget her?!  I recently watched The Red Shoes and absolutely fell in love with her and her stunning hair.

3 comments:

Susan C said...

Word to the Weasleys! I want to see a picture of your hair!

amz said...

It is probably closest to the picture of Emily Blunt's hair. I'll have to snap a pic & send it to you.

Unknown said...

Sweet blog post, I want to see it!