Friday, September 16, 2011

Men Seldom Make Passes at Girls Who Wear Glasses

Musique - "I am a Girl" (The Girls with Glasses Theme Song) by Brooke White

Thank God that Dorothy Parker quote in the title is no longer true. As a girl who has had to wear glasses for most of my life, I find it almost ridiculous that people are now wearing non-prescription glasses as fashion. Obviously these people didn't get teased for wearing glasses when they were little. Of course, maybe I deserved it, given that I wore granny-sized glasses:
Here are some pictures of my favorite celebrities wearing glasses:
Angela Lansbury (okay, well, she's holding glasses)
Annette Funicello
Ann-Margret
Anouk Aimée
Audrey Hepburn
Ava Gardner
Barbara Stanwyck
The Beatles (well, at least 3/4 of them)
Bette Davis
Brigitte Bardot
Carole Lombard (these look like some kind of safety goggles/sunglasses, but I'm still including the picture because I love it!)
Catherine Deneuve
Chip
Clara Bow
Clara Bow and Conrad Tearle
Clark Gable (awww, he has glasses to match his wife's)
Donald Duck
Dick Powell (with Gale Page and Ann Sheridan)
Gary Cooper
Gary Oldman
Ginger Rogers (I think a monocle counts as glasses, don't you? Plus, I just love 42nd Street.)
Grace Kelly
Grace Kelly
Grace Kelly
Grace Kelly (yes, again!)
James Stewart, Cary Grant, and Gregory Peck
Jennifer Garner
Joan Crawford
Joan Fontaine
Katy Perry
Louise Ebel (aka Miss Pandora)
Maggie Gyllenhaal
Marion Cotillard
Maurice Chevalier
Miriam Hopkins
Robert Mitchum and Cary Grant
Ruby Keeler
Sarah Michelle Gellar
Vivien Leigh
Weezer
Zooey Deschanel

These pictures all came from random Google searches, but I did get more than one from here and here.

1 comment:

eclectic artist said...

Great inspirational pics for gals who wear glasses-thanks!