Friday, December 2, 2011

Fantasy Christmas Duets Album

Musique - "Baby It's Cold Outside" by Ann-Margret and Al Hirt

I love singing along to Christmas music in my car or at home. And when I'm all alone, I think I sound pretty freaking awesome. So, if I could record my fantasy Christmas album with my favorite musicians, here's what I'd put on it:
"Baby It's Cold Outside" featuring The Bouncing Souls
They're my favorite band ever, so of course I'd choose them for my favorite Christmas song ever. Plus, if you've ever heard "Wish Me Well (You Can Go to Hell)", you know how awesome Greg Attonito is at a duet.

"We Need a Little Christmas" featuring Angela Lansbury
Okay, maybe this one isn't so imaginative since she sang this song as Mame in the Broadway show back in the day. But I love her lots and how could I possibly sing it with anyone else?

"Christmas Wrapping" featuring Elastica
I just think that Justine's accent on this "rap" would be so freaking awesome. Plus, I just love this song and I love this band. I can never be in a bad mood when listening to Elastica.

"Sleigh Ride" featuring Gorillaz
I pretty much just want an excuse to sing a duet with Damon Albarn. Yum. Plus, I think they'd do some really cool things with this song. And I love this song.

"Winter Wonderland" featuring Flogging Molly
I really think the violin and accordion would add quite a bit to this song. Plus, I can't resist an Irish accent.

"Marshmallow World" featuring Dean Martin
Well, I did say this was a fantasy list, right? So, I can add dead people to it if I want. I'd want to do this song like he did with Frank Sinatra, complete with copious amounts of drinks.

"Oi to the World" featuring No Doubt
Another no brainer since No Doubt already covered this song. Love the Vandals, but No Doubt nailed it. I'm not sure it would work as a duet, but it would certainly be worth the try. Plus, I'd get to sing with No freaking Doubt!!

"Christmas Waltz" featuring Katy Perry
I think her voice would be really pretty on this song and I'd just like the chance to hang out with this badass bundle of fun!

"Jingle Bell Rock" featuring Reel Big Fish
They could only improve upon this Christmas favorite. They've already done so before with "Mele Kalikimaka". You can't help but dance with those horns. I've even got dance moves for this song that I choreographed in 8th grade.They're super awesome.

"Let It Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!" featuring Joseph Gordon-Levitt
If I was trapped somewhere during a snow storm with JGL, I would most definitely sing this song. And we already know he does a killer duet.

"Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" featuring Helen Kane
And here's another super fantasy combo since Miss Kane has been deceased for 45 years. I just think her cutesy voice would be adorable on this. I can't replicate it, but I can sing pretty high—it might sound kinda good together.

"(Party) Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" featuring LMFAO
Oh. My. God. This would be such an epic song! I am incapable of not dancing when I hear their music, so I bet they would do wonderful, wonderful things to this song. And I would very much like to be a part of that.

"All I Want for Christmas is You" featuring All American Rejects
I am not a fan of Mariah Carey, but I am a fan of this song of hers. And I've seen what AAR can do with a pop cover. Plus, all I want for Christmas is Tyson Ritter. ;)

No comments: