Monday, February 4, 2013

Kitty Love

Musique - "The Love Cats" by The Cure

You too can make your own glorious hearts in the sand FaceinHole picture here. ;)

I love cats. I always have. I love dogs and other animals too, but I am definitely a cat person. Probably because you get cuteness and cuddling with independence thrown in. Cats definitely don't need as much of your time and attention as dogs do and that's why they're perfect for me. :)

I have had many wonderful, loving, adorable cats throughout my life, but I must say that my present two cats, Scarlett and Melanie (pictured above), are by far my favorites. I got them in 2008 at a time when I really needed some unconditional love in my life. And boy howdy, did I get some of that! These two sisters have shown me such love and companionship that I thank God every day that they are my kitties. They are also the only cats I've ever had that I've raised myself without the help of my family. And because I've chosen not to have human children, they are most definitely my little fur babies. Yes, I am one of those cat ladies who thinks of her pets as her children, but I don't care about the stereotype. I am who I am and I love my kittens.

I decided to blog about my cats today because I honestly have had a terrible day. It started out terrible and it got even more terrible as it went on. I have had a short fuse, I felt sick, and I was overall just not a happy camper. But these two angels have come through for me several times today. They have come up and cuddled with me and calmed me down and made me feel good instead of bad. My cats are definitely the best stress busters and mood lifters out there and I will be forever grateful that they are in my life. I love them SO much!!

If you do not already have a pet, may I strongly recommend getting a cat or two? And of course, rescue them from a shelter, don't buy from a breeder. You will get such love and devotion with less responsibility than other pets require. And, I might be biased, but black cats are the coolest and the toughest to adopt out, so I'd highly recommend getting a basement cat or two. They're total glamour pets. ;)

No comments: