Saturday, February 23, 2013

I Heart Buffy

Musique - "Buffy the Vampire Slayer Theme" by Nerf Herder
I love Buffy. Love, love, love it. I love it for the magic, the ass kicking, the romance, the friendship, the hilarious lines, the theme song (the most amazing concert experience I've ever had was when my sister convinced Parry Gripp of Nerf Herder to play that song live when they played the KGRG Summer Riot—I still get all tingly remembering hearing the first notes of the song and screaming my head off). And about a billion other reasons.

I am rewatching season one and in the "I Robot, You Jane" episode, Giles explains why books are better than computers and having forgotten all about his lovely speech, I fell in love with the show all over again:



I love how Joss Whedon makes you get so involved in his characters' lives (much like Julian Fellowes does with Downton Abbey and J.K. Rowling does with the Harry Potter series). And then he kills them (also like Fellowes and Rowling). But you forgive him because you can just rewatch the series and your favorites come back to life.

So, here's to Buffy. I heart you so!
 

No comments: